"A friend is what the heart needs all the time"
Henry Van Dyke



Sunday, August 30, 2015

2015 Stamp-a-Faire at PTI

There is still time to complete the challenges over at PTI but everything needs to be uploaded by Tuesday morning, 7am EST.  So far I have completed 3 of the 6 challenges I want to accomplish.  Without further ado here they are.

Mixing patterns challenge by Betsy Veldman.  She had a great video which gave some great tips and beautiful samples.  Make sure to head over to Nichole's blog and check it out.
Here is what I made:


Supplies:
PTI
Sparkle & Shine patterned paper
Tropical teal ink
Think big favorites - happy birthday stamp
Other
Stitched slops die by Simon Says Stamp
Piece on the upper right hand side is from a Becky Higgins, Project life kit

Next up is the Runway Challenge.  I choose the color scheme by Dawn McVey.





Supplies:
PTI
Scarlet Jewel cardstock
Ink - Scarlet jewel, Simply chartreuse, Ripe avocado,  Raspberry fizz & Pure poppy
Embroidered borders stamp and die
Boutique borders - Birthday stamp
Fall florals stamp and dies

And finally for the final challenge I choose the Thread nest challenge by Laura Bassen.




Supplies:
PTI
Soft Stone patterned paper
Embroidered borders - Birthday stamp
Keep it Simple - Happy stamp
Smokey shadow ink
metallic thread
SEI - Fieldnotes dies - circle and flowers/butterflies

I am hoping to get a few more done before the day is over but I have to stop and make dinner.

Edited
I did get one more done.  This is the Make it work challenge.  We are supposed to take a previous card we made but didn't completely love and remake it.  I chose this one from a challenge to use something other than a square or rectangle.  I really didn't like how this turned out at all not even the stamping.





But I turned it into this


Much better don't you think?

Supplies:
Soft stone patterned paper - PTI
Bitty bouquets - flowers - PTI
Think big favorites - sentiment - PTI
Smokey shadow ink - PTI


Thanks for stopping by.
Terri


No comments: