"A friend is what the heart needs all the time"
Henry Van Dyke



Monday, November 23, 2015

Shimmer and shine along with Soft and Subtle

As I have said before, I am having a great time taking this online class over at Online Card Classes.  The teachers are all so diverse in their ideas and styles it truly is something for everyone.
Day 7 was shimmer and shine.  There were some great ideas and I decided to try one of the techniques that Yana Smakula showed.
Here is my card:






This was the perfect way to spend my Sunday afternoon on a day that only got into the 20's.  Brrr......

Supplies:

DCWV embossed foil paper (for sentiment)
Tim Holtz Idea-ology paper stash - Yuletide (snowflake pattern on top)
Prima - North Country collection
PTI - Christmas Cheer (Holiday word die)
Sizzix - Tim Holtz Alterations - celebrate
Darice - hemp

Day 9 was for soft and subtle.  I watched the first video and knew exactly what I wanted to do.  It is very close to the instructors but honestly once I got the idea ........ you get the picture.
Next time I wouldn't drop so many droplets of shimmer as it mixed with my watercolor and made white spots.
Here is my card:





Supplies:

PTI - stamp set Joyful Christmas for sentiment
Tim Holtz alterations - Tree line die
vellum by PTI
Distress paper by Ranger
Zig clean color pen - deep green
Memento ink - London Fog
Macro Pearl powder for flicking onto finished card
Shrinky dink reindeer die cut with Tim Holtz alterations die Reindeer Flight


Thanks for stopping by!

Terri

No comments: