"A friend is what the heart needs all the time"
Henry Van Dyke



Sunday, April 30, 2017

Rainy Sunday

Because it is so lovely outside today I thought I would take the time to make both my nephew and his son their birthday cards today.
Rory's card was effortless and I was so happy with the results.  I found the idea over at PTI from one of the DT members using my new Pen & Ink stamp set.
Here is the result and I hope he loves it as much as I do.


Aiden's cards was a little more challenging.  I really wanted to use Tim Holtz Crazy Dogs stamps and stagger them making it look like a crowd was wishing this little guy a happy birthday.  My first attempt ended up being my spring board for coloring and then it was tossed in the trash.  My second attempt I used different tools to color.  I still had to stamp and then stamp again on sticky notes to cut out masks.  Here is what that looked like.


This card took me all afternoon but I just love how it turned out.

I stamped 3 birthday hats on the dogs to represent Aiden's 3rd birthday.  I also stamped one of the dogs on the envelope for some added fun.

Thanks for stopping by!

Terri

P.S.  Janice next time I would love the company and the help when creating :)

No comments: